10 Must-Do Activities for Your Boat-Loving Kids this Summer
The spring prep is over, your boat is in the water, the school year ends and summer is now in full swing! Are you ready to make it the best summer ever for your kids on the boat?
As a new boating season gets underway, your “boat calendar” can fill up quite fast. Between summer holidays, weekend trips and entertaining guests, there’s a lot to accomplish during boating season. Summer months can come and go quickly, and you want to be sure the season ends with no regrets – particularly for your kids.
Our kids love boating and their anticipation for activity-filled weekends on the boat reaches a peak by early June when school lets out. Each year they have big expectations as they set out to embrace all that they love about our boating lifestyle.
Now is the time to plan for summer boating activities that will check off a few items on the summer fun bucket list for your boat kids.
In my recent article in Lakeland Boating magazine entitled "Summer Fun Bucket List: 10 Must-do activities for your boat-loving kids" I shared some of our best ideas for your kids to make the most of the boating season.
Here's a quick round-up of my 10 must-do ideas for a summer bucket list for your boat-loving kids:
- Cruise to kid-friendly destinations
- Visit waterfront attractions
- Experience local events
- Watch fireworks on the water
- Try unexpected expeditions
- Connect with nature
- Have a beach bonfire
- Relax with water fun
- Do a mega raft-up
- Bring on VIP guests
You can read more about each of these summer bucket list ideas in the full original article (opens PDF) from Lakeland Boating Magazine.
Cruising with Kids Column in Lakeland Boating Magazine
As a boater with two boat kids I am thrilled to share my experiences in a summer Boating Kids column for the regional boating lifestyle magazine Lakeland Boating.
More Boating Kids Columns
- Encouraging kids to step up to more responsibility while boating – and developing a deeper appreciation for the boat life When our kids were younger their main “job” on-board the …Read More »
- Family-friendly boat features to look for when choosing the right boat size & style for a family with kids (as seen in Lakeland Boating) Purchasing a boat is certainly a …Read More »
- In a world of uncertainty, kids are yearning for the calming effect of boating All our lives took a detour from normalcy this year as a result of the 2020 …Read More »
- Are you prepared to invite your kids' friends to the boat? Tips for a safe and fun boat play date for kids. [As seen in Lakeland Boating] Our boat time …Read More »
- Spending a fun day anchored out in your favorite spot is sometimes all kids need for some family boat day fun [as seen in Lakeland Boating with VIDEO] While boats …Read More »
- Is it time to give your kids more duties on the boat? Here are some age appropriate jobs for your kids to help out on the boat (as seen in …Read More »
- Is it safe to take a baby on a boat?...What type of baby boat gear do I need?... and other questions about bringing a baby on board your boat As …Read More »
- Follow these important sun safety tips to protect your kids from the harmful rays of summer while boating or on the water (as seen in Lakeland Boating) Soaking in the …Read More »
- How to choose the right life jackets for your boat kids by age and weight Water safety should be every parent’s primary concern around the water or on a boat. Balancing …Read More »
- Creating Memories that Develop a Lifelong Love of Boating for Your Kids Many people in the boating industry like to say “Start them young!” because they know that the best …Read More »
You may also like:
Latest posts by Diane Seltzer (see all)
- Family Friendly Cruising Destinations and Boat Trips - April 6, 2021
- First Mate in Training - December 27, 2020
- How to Choose the Best Family Boat - August 8, 2020